Iridium Mail & Web
Connect your smartphone with the Iridium GO anywhere! Compatible with with Apple and Android phones. You can have the ability to use apps optimized for voice calling, SMS, email, weather monitoring, and more. Also includes a 100 foot radius WiFi connection for up to 5 mobile devices.
- Iridium GO! status bar
- Iridium GO! battery life
- Send quick GPS or check-in message
- Configure settings
- Posting updates to your social networks. Like sending a Twitter post
- Initiate voice call
- Set-up WiFi data call
- Activate Emergency SOS
Iridium Mail & Web
- Send/receive emails
- Retrieve emails from external accounts
- View web pages
- Posting updates to your social networks. Like posting pictures on your Facebook wall
- Access weather forecast
- Compress and send photos
Iridium GO!® apps are designed specifically for Iridium GO!® by Iridium and third-party developers and are available for a wide variety of platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android and others). Apps are designed by utilizing the Iridium GO! Software Development Kit.
- Dimensions: 4.5″ x 3.25″ x 1.25″
- Weight: 10.4 ounces (0.65 lbs, or 295 grams)
- Durability: MIL-STD-810F, Ingress Protection (IP65)
- Battery: 7 hours talk, 16 hours standby
- Calling Features: Voice Calling, Email, Internet, SMS Messaging, GPS, SOS Alert
- Data Network: At 2.4 Kilobits per second, the Iridium Go! is not a solution to those looking for workable connection for normal Internet use. Email attachments of any size will take minute or hours to transfer, and a single webpage would take 5 to 10 minutes to load. Connectivity to the Internet with the Iridium Go should be considered an emergency backup solution. Having more than one connected device would create an even worse bottleneck (it allows up to 5 connected devices). The good news is that applications like SMS text messaging and text only email messages (using their email app), use far less data, and are the real shining heroes here. Let’s not forget it’s also capable of making/receiving a voice call from anywhere the sky can be seen.